Augmented Reality is a relatively new type of technology that has several different applications or uses. In it’s simplest form as the name suggests “augmented” it is about “augmenting” or “creating” something that is close to “reality”.
The most popular example was when the craze of Pokemon Go App hit many parts of the world with people holding their phones around in air trying to find hidden objects, characters etc. Those were displayed in 3D and felt like they were around you trying to create a sense of extended gamification in your own space using the camera on your mobile phone and location aware smarts to place objects around you for interaction. Other brands like IKEA have done it where you can place a pot plant, sofa or table and see it visually in your room by placing that object.
As Google states:
With Augmented Reality (AR) in Google Search – you can place AR to place 3D digital objects right in your own space directly from Search or from websites on Chrome. Learn more about everything from NASA’s Curiosity Rover to human anatomy to animals like hedgehogs, penguins, and sharks, with a greater sense of context and scale.
There are several use cases on how you can use AR. Heres’a few ideas…
– Bring bus side Ads, billboards, shopping centre signage to life by using AR brand engagement
– Use FACE detection in AR to draw, paint many different effects onto heads & faces.
– User can hold the phone with AR mode in the air and you can give them walking directions
– Use AR content to pop up things from physical objects such as museum pieces, art gallery etc.
– Kids book AR concepts can have live animals, characters pop out of the book.
– Scan an object and pop up call to action video’s, link to products etc.
– Get your users to place couches, tables, chairs in their home settings in AR.
– Use 3D rendered AR objects for a closer view on your products from the website.
– Offer location based rewards, points to collect in AR.
There are so many ways you can engage with AR. Speak to our team at Mobiddiction and we can come up with some AR ideas for your client, customers or brand activity. Visit: www.mobiddiction.com.au/ar